Wat Si Thep Pradittharam/ วัดศรีเทพประดิษฐาราม ศรีเทพ ตำบลในเมือง อำเภอเมืองนครพนม นครพนม 48000 ประเทศไทย
Posted on March 7, 2016 / 452
Wat Si Thep Pradittharam/ วัดศรีเทพประดิษฐาราม
Listing Type : Temple
Location : Nakhon Phanom
Coordinates : 17.396026790303587,104.78834155819709
Opening Hours
  • Daily : 08.30am-04.30pm

Wat Si Thep Pradittharam Wat Si Thep Pradittharam Wat Si Thep Pradittharam Wat Si Thep Pradittharam

Wat Si Thep Pradittharam

Wat Si Thep Pradittharam was built is 1859 by the city ruler Thongthip Mungklakiri. The temple used to be called Wat Sri Khun Muang. It was deserted temple until 1902 when Luang Pu Jahn Kemiyo or Phra Thepsitthajarn renovated the place. In 1906, the name was changed to Wat Si Thep Pradittharam.

Luang Pu Jahn had become a novice since 10 years old on 9th April in 1891 before turned into monk at 20. He had been in the monkhood until he reached 92 years of age and passed away on 2nd February 1973. Therefore, on every 2nd February of each year, his students gather together to pay respect to his contribution to Buddhism.

On 22nd November 1979, King Rama IX gave set of monk’s robe in front of the coffin and the Queen gave sandalwood in the cremation ceremony. Luang Pu Jahn foundation and Rotary Club in Nakhon Phanom led by Chit Pitipat, the president of Luang Pu Jahn Foundation, Pisit Pitipat, the mayor of Nakhon Phanom, and Buddhist who respect the monk has established Luang Pu Jahn Museum around the temple in the north (near Saraparnnusorn Building) for the public to learn about biography of Thai monks who contribute to Dhammayuttika.

The museum was first constructed in 2005 and done in 2006. The building was made of concrete with roomy hall and marble floor. The construction cost was 5.2 million baht. The opening was held in 2007. Inside the statue of actual size of Luang Pu Jahn on the 3 levels of marble altar covered with glass and surrounded with artificial lotus flowers. On the left corner, there is a 4-meter glass cabinet. There is an oil painting of Luang Pu put in the wooden frame. The cabinet is filled with eight necessities of a Buddhist monk including robes, hot water bottles, spittoons, monk’s alms-bowl, sandals and walking stick. Next is a pearl table. There are monk certificates of Luang Pu from the beginning. Another certificate is from when he had been entitled Phra Sarnparnmunee during the reign of King Rama VI before becoming head monk at Phra Thepsittajarn during the reign of King Rama IX. The 8-11entitled certificates, the third monk (Dhammayutti), were titled by Somdej Phra Sangkaratch Sakolmahasangkaparinayok. On the right, there is a worship table set with Buddha image, wooden Buddha image in giving blessing position and group photo of Dhammayutti monks shot on 23rd April 1965. Luang Pu Jahn sat on the front with renowned monks in Thailand including Luang Pu Kao Analyo, Luang Pu Tes Tesrangsri, Luang Pu Boonma Thitpemo, Luang Pu Orn Yarnsiri and Luang Pu Lord Pamotito.

Also, this temple has a very beautiful ordination hall decorated with 108 delightful murals on the wall. Enshrined in this temple is the very important Buddha image of Phra Sang which by legend was made at the same time as the Buddha images of Phra Suk and Phra Sai (Wat Phochi-Nongkai). The stupa behind the ordination hall holds the ashes of Luang Por Jahn and rare mural paitings which have been given an international award by freelance photographer.

Remark:
Below are our thai wording means you want to go to this place.
You can print out my thai words for your communication or scan my below QR Code.

ต้องการไปวัดศรีเทพประดิษฐาราม ตำบลในเมือง อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดนครพนม

Wat Si Thep Pradittharam


วัดศรีเทพประดิษฐาราม

วัดศรีเทพประดิษฐาราม สร้างขึ้นเมื่อ พ. ศ. 2402 โดยเจ้าเมืองทองทิพย์ มังคละคีรี เดิมชื่อว่าวัดศรีคุณเมือง ก่อนเป็นวัดร้าง กระทั่งเมื่อปีพ.ศ.2445 หลวงปู่จันทร์ เขมิโย หรือพระเทพสิทธาจารย์ ลูกศิษย์พระอาจารย์เสาร์ กันตสีโล มาบูรณะเมื่อ พ.ศ.2449  แล้วเปลี่ยนชื่อเป็นวัดศรีเทพประดิษฐาราม

หลวงปู่จันทร์ บรรพชาเป็นสามเณร ตั้งแต่อายุ 10 ขวบ เมื่อวันที่ 9 เมษายน 2434 ก่อนอุปสมบทเป็นพระภิกษุในวัย 20 ปี และอยู่จำพรรษาครองสมณเพศมาถึงอายุ 92 ปี จึงละสังขารเมื่อวันที่ 2 กุมภาพันธ์ 2516 ดังนั้นในวันที่ 2 ก.พ.ของทุกปี ซึ่งเป็นวันมรณภาพ คณะศิษยานุศิษย์จึงได้ร่วมกันจัดงานเพื่อรำลึกถึงบูรพาจารย์ ที่ได้สร้างคุณงามความดีไว้มากมายให้กับวงการพระพุทธศาสนา

วันที่ 22 พฤศจิกายน 2522 พระบาทสมเด็จพระเจ้าอยู่หัว เสด็จฯทรงทอดผ้าไตรหน้าหีบศพ สมเด็จพระนางเจ้าฯ พระบรมราชินีนาถ ทรงวางดอกไม้จันทน์พระราชทานเพลิงศพ พระเดชพระคุณพระเทพสิทธาจารย์  ในสมัยพระครูอุทัยธรรมโสภณ ดำรงตำแหน่งเจ้าอาวาสวัดรูปที่ 3 เมื่อปี 2548 มูลนิธิหลวงปู่จันทร์และสโมสรโรตารี่นครพนม นำโดย นายจิตร ปิติพัฒน์ ประธานมูลนิธิหลวงปู่จันทร์ นายพิศิษฐ์ ปิติพัฒน์ นายกเทศมนตรีเมืองนครพนม และญาติโยมผู้มีจิตศรัทธา ได้ร่วมกันก่อสร้างพิพิธภัณฑ์หลวงปู่จันทร์ขึ้น ณ บริเวณริมกำแพงวัดด้านทิศเหนือ (ข้างตึกสารภาณนุสรณ์) เพื่อให้อนุชนรุ่นหลังและพุทธศาสนิกชน ได้ศึกษาชีวประวัติพระอริยสงฆ์ของชาวไทยที่ทำคุณประโยชน์คุณูปการแก่ชาว จ.นครพนม และคณะสงฆ์นิกายธรรมยุต

ภายในวัดยังมีพิพิธภัณฑ์ซึ่งเริ่มก่อสร้างขึ้นเมื่อปี 2548 แล้วเสร็จในปลายปี 2549 เป็นอาคารคอนกรีตชั้นเดียว เป็นห้องโถ่งโล่ง ปูด้วยหินอ่อนทั้งหลัง สิ้นงบในการก่อสร้าง 5.2 ล้านบาท ประกอบพิธีเปิดและสมโภชไปแล้วเมื่อต้นปี 2550 ภายในพิพิธภัณฑ์ เป็นที่ประดิษฐานรูปปั้นเหมือนหลวงปู่จันทร์เท่าตัวจริง ที่อยู่บนแท่นหินอ่อนสูง 3 ชั้น ครอบด้วยกระจกใส ล้อมรอบด้วยดอกบัวแห้งประดิษฐ์ มุมซ้ายเป็นตู้กระจกไม้สูง 4 เมตร มีภาพหลวงปู่เขียนด้วยสีน้ำมันอยู่ในกรอบไม้ ภายในตู้ประกอบด้วยเครื่องอัฐบริขาร เช่น ผ้าไตร จีวร กระติกน้ำร้อน ชานหมาก บาตร รองเท้าแตะ และไม้เท้าถัดไปเป็นมุมโต๊ะลายมุก มีใบแต่งตั้งหลวงปู่ ตั้งแต่สมัยเป็นพระครูสัญญาบัตร ที่พระครูศีลสัมบัน ต่อมาในรัชกาลที่ 6 เลื่อนสมณศักดิ์เป็นพระสารภาณมุณี สมัย พ.อ.พระยาพหล พยุหเสนา และจอมพลสฤษดิ์ ธนะรัชต์ เป็นนายกรัฐมนตรี ในรัชกาลที่ 7, 8 ก่อนเลื่อนเป็นพระราชาคณะชั้นเทพที่ พระเทพสิทธาจารย์ ในรัชกาลที่ 9 ตามลำดับ และใบแต่งตั้งเป็นรองเจ้าคณะภาค 8-11 รูปที่ 3 (ธรรมยุต) โดยสมเด็จพระสังฆราช สกลมหาสังฆปรินายก ด้านขวาเป็นโต๊ะหมู่บูชา มีพระประธาน พระพุทธรูปไม้ปางประทานพร และภาพถ่ายหมู่ในอดีตคณะสงฆ์วงศ์ธรรมยุตสมัยเก่า ถ่ายเมื่อ 23 เม.ย.2508 มีหลวงปู่จันทร์นั่งเป็นประธานหน้าสุด กับพระอริยสงฆ์ชื่อดังของเมืองไทย อาทิ หลวงปู่ขาว อนาลโย, หลวงปู่เทศก์ เทสรังสี, หลวงปู่บุญมา ฐิตเปโม, หลวงปู่อ่อน ญาณสิริ, หลวงปู่หลอด ปโมทิโต เป็นต้น

นอกจากนี้ภายในโบสถ์มีจิตรกรรมฝาผนัง เป็นภาพพุทธประวัติของพระพุทธเจ้า 108 ภาพ และยังเป็นที่ประดิษฐานพระพุทธรูปสำคัญ คือ พระแสง ตำนานเล่าว่าสร้างขึ้นพร้อมกับพระสุก พระเสริม และหลวงพ่อพระใส (วัดโพธิ์ชัย จังหวัดหนองคาย) ส่วนด้านหลังพระอุโบสถเป็นเจดีย์บรรจุอัฐิหลวงปู่จันทร์ และภาพจิตรกรรมนูนต่ำ ภาพเทพพระยาดาติดฝาผนังที่หาดูได้ยาก และได้รับรางวัลภาพถ่ายนานาชาติจากตากล้องอิสระอีกด้วย

admin
Reviews
There are no reviews yet, why not be the first?
Leave a review
Service/ การบริการ: Impress/ ความประทับใจ: Recommendation/ แนะนำท่านอื่น:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Listings